Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Welcome to Our Garden

I have been having the itch to garden since we've moved here. Unfortunately this is a rental, and the lease strictly forbids digging holes in the "yard." So, I have improvised as best I can. First, I potted some lavender and put the little quail I bought in front of it. The door mat was a mistake. Somehow I thought I bought a plain one, but ended up with this instead. Oh well, we all could use a little kitsch in our lives . . .


Once you are in my living room, when you look out the window, you need to see something besides the chain link fence. I added our painted sun, a peach rose, and the iron garden thingie I bought in Spokane. Much better to see than the fence I believe. Also put the candles with the Virgin of Guadalupe and St. Mary there. Love them.


The rose is not miniature, it is full size.


The rose bush has really taken off since I took the original photos:


Finally on the patio, I set up a fountain. It is supposed to be Mexican pottery, but it was made in China and is paper mache. Nice to listen to at night while watching the sun set behind the mountains BTW.

No comments: