Saturday, April 18, 2009

Representation Without Taxation



On April 15, the "teabaggers" gathered all across the country in a "spontaneous" protest sponsored by Faux News. I am most amazed at how the irony of all this was lost on those who participated. Not only was their name something to recoil from, the misuse of such words as "tyranny" and "patriot" went unnoticed by most. One cannot help but ask oneself what do corporations really want when they send groups of people out to rabble rouse? Are they truly hoping to hijack the last of the few freedoms left to us in hopes that we can become even bigger slaves to their way of life? In all seriousness I thought about bringing the adbusters' flag to one of their protests to let my feelings be known. Somehow I think they would have embraced the flag instead of understanding its significance:


Where I live, they gathered on the London Bridge. I wonder if they understood the true relevance of what they were doing. I mean come on. Holding a protest named after an act of disobedience against the British by the thirteen colonies under an edifice that was flying the British flag?

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Tea Party Tyranny
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisPolitical Humor

No comments: