Apparently Faux News is going after our former governor, Janet Ann Napolitano, the current Secretary of Homeland Security. She stated that she is concerned about Right Wing Extremist Groups recruiting veterans. Duh. She was the Governor of Arizona, she is VERY FAMILIAR with these groups, their tactics, and their goals. They are endemic out here. Seriously. It's not a joke. She must know quite a bit about what goes on--why do you think they put her in charge of Homeland Security?
I love what a blog by someone called TParrish said:
Combat veterans ARE attractive to extremist groups. I have a brother who is a military veteran, and he is often approached at the local pistol range by local yahoos wanting him to join their militia. (He's a gun enthusiast, and is a VERY good shot.)
At what point did the report say that extremist groups were attractive to combat veterans? Don't you have to be able to READ before you can file a lawsuit? Guys, it's called English. It's a language. Maybe you could get a tutor.
Personally I think it is a tactic to get everyone's attention off the torture issue.
What's really funny about all of this is that I have been considering buying a shotgun lately because I want to start shooting skeet. Don't know why--it just seems like fun. I'm beginning to have second thoughts now. I just don't want to go shooting and have these extremist geeks around--I might miss. You know?
Oh well, I'm moving on to other things, like looking for a house.
No comments:
Post a Comment