Friday, January 29, 2010

Cancer Pattern Baldness

The chemotherapy is working finally. I say this because my hair is falling out. I fought and fought the two beauticians I last saw to get them to get my hair cut REALLY, REALLY short, but they refused. I just didn't want huge handfuls of hair when I started losing. Small clumps seemed more manageable. So, yesterday, my mother-in-law graciously cut my hair down to a 1-inch length. And, no I am not a lesbian. Thank you for asking.

The hair has been coming out slowly all week when I bathe. It is gross. I will tell you that. I thought: Hey, no big deal. Hair falls out. Clean it up. No it is a big deal. It causes nausea. You hand is full of hair. It is nothing short of disgusting.


I have recently taken to wearing surgery hats to cover my baldness. For some reason, I just can't make myself put on a wig. I don't get it, but there it is. I just hate them.

No comments: