Monday, December 28, 2009

Durga

For those of you who believe that God has only one form, and has to be worshipped in that form through Jesus, you may want to move on. And please don't write to me telling me that I am going to hell for this. I will tell to fuck off because I have lung cancer. And I would mean every word of it. But I would still love you, because you are obviously misled. And that's okay.

I have found my protectoress. She will soon live in the pantheon of 13 gods I carry with me. I introduced you to the cutest of the lineup, the Seven Gods of Happiness/Luck. Tonight I will introduce you to the one goddess I do not have, but am waiting to purchase. Her name is Durga.

Durga is awesome. She is the 10-armed, 3-eyed goddess most of us associate with Shiva. But she is not Shiva. She is Shiva in demon-fighting mode. And she carries a lotus (which stands for the continuous evolution of the spiritual quality of devotees amidst the worldly mud of lust and greed according to about.com). Sometimes she is Kali, sometimes not.


According to Wikipedia, Durga's form is blindingly bright, as a radiant goddess (devi), with three lotus-like eyes, ten powerful hands, lush hair with beautiful curls, a red-golden glow from her skin and a quarter moon on her forehead. She wears a shiny attire emitting fierce rays. Her jewelry is beautifully made of gold with ocean pearls and precious stones embedded in it. As a goddess, Durga's feminine power contains the energies of the gods. Each of her weapons was gifted to her by various gods: Rudra's trident, Vishnu's discus, Indra's thunderbolt, Brahma's kamandalu, Kuber's Ratnahar, etc.

And she kicks ass. She destroys demons, especially those that gods and men can't destroy. She is the creative feminine force that protects her young. She just rocks. I think I will ask her to lead the attack on my demon, lung cancer. Go Durga!

No comments: