There are some things that make it worth while, however. Well for instance your family and friends reach out to you, which is just awesome. There are other things, too, like not taking much for granted. Oh, ya, also wanting to complete the projects you started decades ago. But, really the one thing that is better than all the rest combined, is the Cancer Card.

I have heard about this magical card from many people who have had cancer, and it is real. Yes, truly it is. What is the Cancer Card you ask? Let me enlighten you.
Recently, my husband was on the phone with one of our banks, trying to get an account consolidated. The representative on the other line was giving him a hard time, trying to get him to buy products, stick with what he had, etc. No way, we need to get things in line because this is pretty serious, and we need to keep things simple for a while.
Well, Matt finally gets tired of the rigmarole and I tell him to tell the rep that I have lung cancer. So he did. Matt's eyes got HUGE as the fellow on the other end fell all over himself to make sure that everything was as we needed and we got no other trouble. It is amazing, that cancer card.
My children assure me that they can play the Mom's Got Cancer Card, too. People at work are suddenly more accommodating about shifts, etc. So, they are able to get a break.
That does not mean that the privilege should be abused, however. Caregivers have been known to get burnt out if this card is played too often. So I use it sparingly. But you better believe I use it.
No comments:
Post a Comment