I have been away from a computer for a few days, but find myself at home for a blissful retreat before my FINAL week of treatments. Monday marks my final chemo treatment. Apparently they throw a party for you. Nice. Friday marks my final radiation treatment. I get to ring a bell three times denoting my success.
The clinic has me visiting a woman who is teaching me how to do deep relaxation. Apparently this relaxation helps strengthen the immune system, reduce harmful hormones, and induce sleep. It has been very good for me, and I am sure that it will help immensely as I go into the healing phase of my treatment.
The last few weeks have been very hard. It has been like running the 13th through the 20th mile of a marathon. But, now I have hit mile 20, replenished myself, and have the fantastic support of friends and family. So, I am pretty sure this is the end of it all. I can't wait to hit the finish line and ring that dang bell!
2 comments:
I'm sure it feels great to be in your own home after being away for so long. Be it ever so humble .. there's no place like home!!! I am picturing how good you must feel to be able to stretch out in your own living room and watch TV and in your own bed to sleep. Nothing makes you appreciate your own home and your own surroundings like being away.
Keeping you in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers.
Thanks, Aunt Elizabeth!!!!
Post a Comment