Sunday, November 01, 2009

CT Report

I picked up my CT scan report from the hospital on Friday:
FINDINGS: A 3.1 x 2.2 cm soft tissue mass is present in the right upper lobe with spiculated (that would be spiked) margins. This could represent lung malignancy. There are multiple enlarged lymph nodes preesnt in the right hilum, right paratracheal, pretracheal, and right supraclavicular regions. The largest lymph node measures 2.4 cm in short axis.

Doesn't sound good. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared, because I am. At the same time I'm not scared. It's weird.

God,
I offer myself to Thee to do with me and build with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self so that I may better do Thy will. Take away from me my difficulties so that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love, and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always!
Amen

Years ago after Desert Storm, I did a fourth and fifth step. I came home and reflected on what I had shared and did the sixth step and seventh step prayer. When I concluded, I felt God's presence and "saw" Him. I felt His absolute love and power and felt rooted in eternity and saw time all at once. It was amazing and powerful and glorious. I will never forget it. So I'm not really afraid of looking into God's face, because I have seen it. And death does not frighten me. The only thing that frightens me is the fear I hear in my children's voices or see in my husband's face. I want them to have peace.

No comments: