Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh Hail!

The other night we got an official gully washer here. There was 1" of rain dropped in less than an hour. I didn't get pictures of the roads the next morning, but ours was impassable because of the huge rocks in the road. They had to send the street sweeper out to clear the way!

Matt picked up some hail! I am a terrible photographer, but you can see it.



You can see how hard it was coming down!



Finally, you can see some hail in the rain drops, but I was showing how the water was naturally pooling around the plants. Someone did their permaculture homework when they landscaped this place!



As soon as I start feeling better, I am going to look into collecting rain water. I just kept looking at how hard it was coming down and thinking about how much water I could save for gardening!

No comments: