I have become increasingly alarmed at the revolutionary fervor that has hold of the extreme right. I believe they are being goaded by Faux News and other conservative pundits into pushing the agenda of the health care industry, banks, and corporations. In a weird kind of opposite world, these misguided, well-meaning people are fighting tooth and nail to have their rights demolished one by one in favor of the rich and powerful. I honestly believe that if they thought about what they are saying, they would stop and reverse their positions, but they have been manipulated into abandoning their morals so they can bring about a revolution for those who do not care about them in the least. BTW, look for the culture jammers in this video. They are absolutely brilliant.
I voted for Obama because I thought he had the chops to turn things around. I now see that he does not. He has become nothing more than George Bush III in his policies concerning prosecution of war crimes, finance, and defense. It is very sad, really. And he has turned his back on everything he said he wanted to do about health care. Perhaps he thought he could give us what we wanted by handing it over to Congress. Mistake. Instead the insane right wing has grabbed hold and taken off running. It is nice to know that there are those with level heads still calling for reform and calming the storm. Perhaps we have a chance after all.
Sometimes it can be easy to vilify those who don't agree with us. This can be pretty dangerous. But in this case, I say lets . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment