Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let Them Eat Advil

I have been wanting to counter-protest the well-meaning but misinformed anti-health care demonstrations around the country, and I think I have found a way. These culture jammers have found an ironic and funny way to speak their mind without endangering themselves.



The concept is brilliant, really. You drive up to a townhall meeting or other protest in a limousine dressed in a tuxedo, tiara, or other finery. You bring champagne, cigarettes in holders, or cigars and hold your sign aloft while thanking the "little people" for helping you stay afloat financially. Somehow the irony is lost on them in the moment. One can only hope that they think about it when they get home and understand the joke.



“We Are On Your Side”
(to the tune of “My Country ‘Tis Of Thee”)

Raising your premiums
Raking in ghastly sums
Coverage denied!
Canceling policies
Causing your bankruptcies
Leaving you on your knees
We are on your side!

Lyrics by Felonius Ax
Minister of Musical Manipulation

No comments: