I called the AC guy because our AC was leaking onto the roof. While I waited for him to show up, my podiatrist's office called and scheduled me for ESWT because my insurance company finally approved it. When I asked for it to be done 18 months ago, the insurance people said no. ESWT is a procedure where they use sound waves to re-injure the plantar fascia and break up the scar tissue. More than 88 percent success rate. The other 12 percent have to have it done a second time. Apparently it can take from 3 days to 3 months to completely heal up. Pray for me. Please. I really want to run again. Really.
The guy came by to fix the leaking AC and I settled into my haze and it finally occurred to me that my wrist (which was hot and red by now) was probably infected. So Matt drove me to the Quick Care place.
The Nurse Practitioner at the Quick Care place is a real be-otch but very down-to-earth, so I can take her without any hurt feelings. She looked at my arm and listened to me explain about how it had happened when I was a transcriptionist and prescribed anti-inflammatories, moist heat, and antibiotics.
We dropped my Rx off at Walgreens. Matt wanted to eat at Chico's Tacos (again), but I wanted mashed potatoes, so I made him drive me to one of the ubiquitous home cooking (code word for God-awful) restaurants in town. We had not been to the Black Bear restaurant before, but I really wanted mashed potatoes. Were we pleasantly surprised. I had their mac & cheese made from white cheddar and Swiss cheese, yellow squash & zucchini in garlic sauce, and mashed red potatoes and gravy (they still had the skin on). OMGZ. It was heaven. Matt ordered the fish and had hush puppies (this is a romantic reference to one of our dates in Thailand). Then we ordered pie, which was totally awesome. The meal was the best I have eaten in a restaurant in years. Truly.

On the way to pick up my Rx, I was whining about eating too much. I mean really. I ate too much (which is saying something-because I do eat a lot). I got to thinking while I was paying for the drugs that I really like Walgreens. All the magazines and junk food and those crazy as-seen-on-TV products and cheap cosmetics. One can really have a fun afternoon just looking around that store. I think I will go back and visit when my feet don't hurt so badly.
I am being awfully hopeful about the ESWT and looking at marathons to run. But I think what I will do is start small, like a triathlon with only a 2-mile run, 5 mile bike, and 1/2-mile swim. Seems easy to do. Then I might work up to a half-marathon and see how it goes from there. Although I really would love running the Marine Corps Marathon again. Diann is talking about running a half-marathon in LV this January. I will have to go and cheer her on.
No comments:
Post a Comment