Saturday, May 23, 2009

So What?

Lately my dreams have been so vivid. I can't explain how intense they are. And they have been recurring. This tells me I am trying to work some things out. The one thing I do think I have worked through became apparent this morning. YEAH!

For my entire life, the worst nightmares I have had involved being rejected by one or more people. It is just the worst thing that could happen to me in my dreams and has been a reality on a regular basis in real life. I always wake up after having one of those dreams feeling very sad and shattered.

Well guess what happened last night? I had a dream about being rejected in high school. Again. I woke up this morning and the first thought I had was that so-and-so had rejected me (a common thought first thing in the morning), BUT my second thought was so what? My third thought was I need to take very good care of myself today. So I got up and made my favorite iced tea (Jasmine--just the very best stuff in the world) in a gallon jug, so I will have it to drink over the next few days. I also am going to go to the pool today and "run" during lane swim time. I have never done it on a Saturday before and want to expand my workouts to 6 days a week.

I feel very happy today because of the tea (it has mood elevating effects) and because of the thing I worked through in my sleep. Imagine, I am finally not afraid of being rejected. SCORE!

No comments: