In the early part of the decade, when Napster ruled the interwebs, I worked for an architect. The job required lots of working with my hands and turning off my brain. Luckily, I had a coworker who downloaded tons of audio from SNL on Napster. My favorites were the impressions of Jeopardy. They would put Alex Trebec against a whole bevy of ridiculously incompetent celebrities and one mean, vile, old man, Sean Connery. Connery would ridicule and malign Trebec throughout the skit, causing tears to come to my eyes every time I listened.
Happily, the cast recreated the skit last night when Will Ferrell returned. So, sit back, watch, and get the tissues, because you are going to cry . . .
I just want to say one thing about Tom Hanks in this skit. I believe he wants nothing more than to be on this show, and he is great every time he appears. Remember when he was doing the disco skit in the 90s? Golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment