
I know its not summer, but it is starting to feel like it. Marvel Ann is sure enjoying the warmth.
When I was stationed in DC, we lived in a townhouse in Arlington. One of our neighbors nailed a plain terra cotta sun next to his front door, and I loved walking past his door and smiling at it. I was fixated on it so much that I made it my personal quest to own one. When I was stationed in San Diego, I made many forays into Tijuana looking for one with no luck. I implored everyone I knew who went to Mexico to bring one back for me. Eventually, Matt & I settled in Keokuk, where Diann and I visited a Pier One in Des Moines. Several suns were hanging on a display as we walked in. HALLELUJAH! I bought it, and put it up on the patio behind our house. It moved with us to Henderson, where it watched over our entryway, and to the Coulee where it perched on our trailer's porch. I eventually put it on the back porch of our freshly built house. When we left to move to Page I forgot it there, and despaired.
So, while going through the garden center of Page's True Value, I saw a painted sun serenely lording over its corner. Of course, I had to have it. I took it home and put it up in the niche in our living room. It moved with us to LHC where I have the sun hanging outside and looking into our living room when I open the blinds. It just makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment