Trust me. I am a horrible photographer. I also forget to take photos. Anyway here is my turn at telling (and showing) you where we went and what we saw.

We left Page on Monday morning. The usual weather: Dry on the mesa, snow everywhere else. In the upper 30s.

When we got to Lake Havasu City 5-1/2 hours later, it was in the mid 70s and we no longer required our coats.

I took a picture of a palm tree the last time we were there. Don’t ask me why. I just did. Here it is. Now you know what the official tree of Lake Havasu City is.

We checked into our hotel room and went to a realtor’s office next door. HTG: There is a realty office on every corner of this city. And there are a lot of corners. Within 15 minutes we were in a car looking at this duplex. It was clean and nicely appointed. We rented it. We will live next door to a special education teacher.

We had to return the next day to fill out the paperwork after our credit check was completed. In the meantime we decided to drive down to Parker Dam. It was very close to 5:00 when we got there. I asked Matt to drive me to a spot so I could take a picture of where he will work. (Yes, the dam is in the background, but he will go through that gate to work). While I was taking the picture, a man in a Polaris drove out of the gate. Matt waved him down and started talking to him. It was his new boss Glen! While we were chatting Glen’s supervisor John drove up in a pickup. Finally another guy in a Polaris drove up that Matt had worked with at Hungry Horse Dam. His name was Kerry. They chatted for a while about where he was to report, etc. I could not take a photo of where he will park his truck, etc., because of terrorism. But it is really green and kind of fantastical there.

Just below Parker Dam is a small community of trailers, condos, apartments, and RVs. It is quite magical looking if you can believe that. We call it Rivendell. I hope we get to hang out there every so often.

We did a lot of house hunting the next day, of which I took no photographs. However, we went to a Thrifty Water Store in the same shopping mall as our bank. It was an old fashioned ice cream parlor. If you notice in the photograph below, you are looking at a wall of candy between the two entry ways. Up above is a shelf full of water bottles. On the wall to the left is another set of shelves with water bottles and nozzles in which you can fill these bottles and pay the cashier for your water and bottle (strange stuff that). Behind the photographer is a huge ice cream freezer and soda fountain where one can get original Thrifty ice cream. Thrifty is an old pharmacy chain. I used to buy Chip’s birthday gifts there the day after Christmas when we lived in San Diego.

Matt and I spent a lot of our down time watching the Weather Channel give play-by-play announcements of the weather in Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois. Brrrr. You guys had it rough. Here is what we have to look forward to.

We fell in love with two houses while we were looking at our hit parade of internet choices. One we refer jokingly to as the Draper House because it is very much an executive vacation home from the 1960s. Dated. Dated. Dated. Very charming, however. You can take a gander at it here:
http://www.realtor.com/search/lis...1105290964&lsn=3&srcnt=68
Finally, the house we love the most has been taken off the site and is no longer on the MLS. Apparently it has been officially repossessed. Good or bad? Don’t know, but the house has a magical feature. It has an enclosed back porch that is covered with lattice and bright red bougainvillea. My favorite. It was the most peaceful place you can imagine. It also has a huge 4-car garage for the Matthew. The property is on a cul de sac and abuts a wash so it is very private and quiet. It would also be very easy for Matt to get onto the highway and down to Parker from there.
http://zillow.foreclosure.com/lis...mp;cno=015&listingId=13827650
Unfortunately I did not get a picture of it. Interesting fact: Zillow says the house was worth $428,000 back in May. It is now going for $210,000. Ouch. Someone took a big hit. It must be the horrendous forest green carpet on its floors.
No comments:
Post a Comment