I can't tell you how many times since we moved to Page that Matt would see a moving van and start waxing poetic about moving on to someplace new. Well that day arrived and it parked in front of our house . . .

They packed us up and moved us out. I went on to Lake Havasu City (LHC) and let them deal with all that stuff. On the way there I stopped one last time at Cameron Trading Post. I love that place because they have plentiful, clean bathrooms and tons of goods to stare at.
They have a bin of Navajo sheep wool that is manufactured locally. I got some for my mother-in-law, who is a fiber artist. Isn't it beautiful?

On the way to one of the bathrooms, is a display of Precious Moments Native American dolls. I would always fixate on it, so I ended up photographing them. For some reason this photo will not stand up. Oh well. I guess it is time to go exploring.

I also enjoyed seeing the nativity scenes when I visited Cameron Station Trading Post. To me, they are so unusual and beautiful. I will buy one some day when I can afford it!

BTW you can visit the trading post's website, learn about them, and buy their goods at: http://www.camerontradingpost.com/
Well, once I got through Flagstaff, I took I-40 west and stopped in Seligman for a break. They had a bunch of metal art outside, and I bought the quail in the middle, because they are my favorite bird. I love how they run around in their family groups. They always make me smile when I am out and about in the early morning hours. It is now outside my front door and greets whoever comes to the house.

What the flagnard? Right before you take 95 South to LHC, there is this oddity. Let me explain something to you. Out in the desert is a very unusual breed of person known as the "desert dweller." These people just don't fit anywhere else, so they move out into a dwelling (normally an unfit RV or very old trailer) out in the middle of nowhere. They also drive broken down and faded Volkswagens or pickup trucks. They are also very "aromatic." The combination of the heat, their solitude, and underlying oddness goes on to create a very distinctive, and prickly, individual. They go on to make the oddest and most amazing things in the desert, and this is one of their products. It has something to do with UFOs. Some day I will come and visit, but I had no time on the way to LHC.

We got to LHC, and they moved the boxes in. Of course, we started in right away. I can't stand to see a job go unfinished.


As you can see, the sun burns EVERYTHING here, even the shades!

So, I put insulated drapes up in the master. Unfortunately, you can still feel the heat coming through.

Before the weather changes, we will have to put up special insulation in the windows, to prevent ourselves from baking. Won't be pretty, but it seems like the best way.

Thank goodness the local grocery store has covered parking! I hate getting in my car after shopping when the weather is in the 100s or above! This should make it easier.

For some reason, the people who built this house gave us a bowed window with a view of the chain link fence! Woo hoo. We are trying to glam it up with our "rustic" chair we found a couple of years ago, a rose that smells like a million dollars, and our wrought iron bird whatchamacallit. The candles have the Virgin of Guadalupe and the Virgin Mary. Don't know why, I just like them. Do they have end caps in Wal Mart with candles of the saints in Illinois? They are all over the West.
Funny story: Ariel, one of our kitties, stalks the birds on that thingie. She clicks at it and hides like they are going to fly away!

It is very nice to have a plant shelf again. Just look at how pathetic my plants look! I was so depressed I almost let all my plants die. These are 3 of the 5 that are left. I plan on sending you a photo of them in 6 months to see how well they have fared with better attention.

Now you see what media/computer geeks Matt and I are. This is our living room, and the focus is electronics! Yikes. I have no desire to try to decorate my place. Perhaps that will change in time, but right now I just don't care.
PS I am selling my old transcription books on half.com. I have only successfully sold one so far. Here's hoping someone else realizes how great a treasure these things are!
No comments:
Post a Comment