We arrived at the Sunset Station hotel in the evening. We were so hot and exhausted. I forgot that the sun can scorch you through the windows, and we were driving into it after we left Hurricane, Utah. So, we were hot, sticky, and tired, when we checked into our room. We were hungry and thought that room service would be fun. I looked at the prices and am familiar with the quality of food at the Station, so I nixed the idea. We walked down to the Panda Express on the casino floor instead. After we picked up our meals to go, we walked to Ben & Jerry's ice cream to get a sundae to share. We took it with us back to the room. As we were trekking through the casino back to the hotel we heard, "that isn't free, you know."
OMG! We forgot to pay for our sundae! I was mortified. I have never done anything like that in my life. We walked back to the room chuckling all the way. I don't know if you know how long of a walk that is, but our ice cream was melted by the time we got back to the room.
That night we watched our favorite TV show, Burn Notice, which was a rerun because USA network is running some darn tennis tournament. Oh well.
The next morning I had to go to the dentist. Don't ask. I can't find a dentist that will accept my insurance within 3 hours of here, so we decided to find one in Vegas because we are hoping to move back there. We had breakfast at the Station, which was really pretty good. Matt got a Mocha at Starbucks with 6 SHOTS of caffeine. Honestly, you would never believe that he was brought up Mormon sometimes.
While I was at the dentist, Matt looked at houses for sale in the 89002 zip code. We agreed that we should wait a year before buying to see if the market is going to go lower. There are 5000 houses on the market in Henderson right now, so I am pretty sure they will. They still aren't down to the prices they were when we left in 2004, so I think we should wait it out.
After that we went to our favorite restaurant, Mimi's, for lunch. I had their famous corn chowder and a half sandwich. Matt had a well-done burger, which was medium-well. The manager showed up to make amends, so the experience was not so bad.

Next we went to Border's Books and spent 3 hours there. We are such geeks. Matt bought my favorite book, Atlas Shrugged, and I bought some magazine on how to fix things in your house. Honestly there has to be more to life. Maybe not.
We went on a drive through Green Valley looking for houses for sale. Usual stuff. I discovered that by putting a newspaper across your lap, the sun is not as hot on you as it shines through the windshield.

That evening we ate dinner at S'barro's Pizza in the Station and watched Traitor at the movie theater. Nice movie. I recommend it to you all.

We went to bed because we was worn out. What can I say? We are super geeks.
Finally, the next morning we went to Panera Bread for breakfast, Whole Foods for groceries, and Petsmart for cat stuff. Then we headed out of the city. We stopped in St. George and had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. We shopped for more books at Barnes and Noble, and I bought some clothing at Lane Bryant.

Then we headed home. It rained all the way after we hit Colorado City. Every time I go through there, I just want to drive up to one of the polygamist's houses, pull him out by the scruff of the neck and run him out on a rail. Then, I want to lead out all the women and children and yell from their porch, "Hey girls, we're going to college!" I know--you can't change stupidity, but I can dream can't I?

Well, we made it home safely, and the weather has been very nice since we got back.
No comments:
Post a Comment