You see, my first duty station was at the Pentagon for CNO 06C in room 4E563. What all that means is that my job was in a room on the fourth floor, E ring (outside ring), the 5th corridor, in room 63. I worked for the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) in the Joint Chiefs of Staff Liaison Office (06C). I would have been wiped out if the terrorists would have struck in the early 80s. The plane hit the building on the E ring between the fourth and fifth corridors. The spot it hit is exactly where I used to enter during working hours. Sad, scary.
It was a very important period in my life. I was pregnant with my son for part of that time. I have a million happy memories about being stationed there. Ask me about the time I had a "close encounter" with Chuck Connors or I impersonated an admiral. We called the center garden area of the building area Ground Zero. How prophetic.

A lot of brave people died there that day--both civilian and military. May God bless their families and bring them comfort in their grief.
I just want to know why the nitwits in charge have refused to honor the dead and not found a 6-foot-plus tall Muslim man carrying around a kidney dialysis machine? They have had 7 years! I guess the oil in Iraq blinded those fools to what was really important. Having been in the Gulf War Part I, I can honestly say that no good comes from fighting for oil.
That is why I am very appreciative of the Quakers, Mennonites, and Amish. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shall not covet . . . anything that belongs to your neighbour. Hmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment