














I have discovered another internet trend. Apparently, people are making great sport of the illiterate tea baggers and their unabashed joy at demonstrating their lack of education. I guess that would explain the lack of concern about lower taxes (how else do we pay for schools?) and their completely inability to reason.
I have to admit to you a secret shame of mine. Members of my family are definite tea party wannnabes of this group and practice teabonics. At the family reunion I recently visited, my aunt and uncle came running up to me and wanted to find out about how happy I was about the "Freedom Festival" going on that very day. I was confused, was there a parade somewhere I missed? Then my aunt told me it was run my Glen Beck. Uh oh. I was a liberal in tea bag country, best to keep my opinion to myself. "Who's that?" She tried to explain, but I remained confused (I was worried about how I would handle this), and my uncle said, "She doesn't know." Saved by ignorance. I guess that is one thing they can respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment