Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Ten Minutes in Heaven

The last two days have been wonderful. I went to Flagstaff and spent the night at the D&D B&B.

My trip there was very interesting. The state police had commandeered two rest stops and were searching every commercial vehicle on the road. I wonder why. They also were pulling just about anyone over for any little infraction. Hmmm.

Well, I made it to Flagstaff unmolested and was greeted by my daughter and my two "grandbabies" Sadie Buggins the dog and Roger Dodger the cat. Sadie, as usual was very glad to see me. Roger, as usual, was very nonchalant. My daughter was her same happy self.

After lunch at Olive Garden and running around the city, we decided to go to the movies and see "Night at the Smithsonian." The sweetest ladies were in line ahead of us and recommended the movie, so we were glad of our choice. It was funny and worth the price (we got in for free and paid $2 total for our drinks).

Afterward, decided to make a dish my daughter saw on Rachel Ray and bought the groceries at the organic market. We got tomatoes, garlic, and penne pasta. We left the store with our hopes high. That should have been our first clue.

When her husband got home from work, we went to reconnoiter a camping spot they were interested in. We drove to the spot in the middle of nowhere. I almost wanted to go camping when I saw the place, but I remembered myself. It was a huge meadow filled with wild irises. Old, yellow-bellied pines rimmed the meadow. I grew still and listened to the wind work its way through the pines. Incredible. We got in the car and drove up the road a few miles and came to a meadow with 6 antelope running through it. Further up the road we saw two elk behind some pines.

More later . . .

1 comment:

Lizbeth said...

WHATTTTTTTT .. no pictures?????????

And how did you get in the movie free????

And are you going to just leave us hanging on how your new dish turned out??????

Hope you know I'm just giving you a hard time .. I'll be watching for the rest of the story!!

Love ya' .. Elizabeth