Here's a hint: Follow the links if you want to see more about what I am talking about.
We left the park because we were hungry, and we had planned to make the Rachel Ray pasta dish. My son-in-law left to go work out, and my daughter and I set to our task. She preheated the oven and pulled out the cookie sheet for the tomatoes and garlic cloves. Now mind you, I have NEVER worked with raw garlic before, so when she said put 10 cloves on the sheet, I pulled the skin off and put them on. She drizzled olive oil over everything and put it into the oven.
When she pulled it all out, the garlic was scorched. We tried to mash it like she saw on television, and it just was a horrible mess. We tried to put some pasta water on it to make garlic water and ew. Just ew. Ew. It was a horrible mess. So I ran quickly to the grocery store and got some organic spaghetti sauce. When I got back the son-in-law was taking the dog for a walk.
Dinner was not a complete failure, because the sauce was good, and the "children" had not tried whole wheat pasta in spaghetti sauce before. I am glad they liked it. Now they have a healthier choice.
After dinner, we went to Peace Surplus (get it, the opposite of Army Surplus) and looked around for camping gear they needed. They were laughing and giggling, it was adorable. I was fascinated by the clothing there. Of course, they didn't make any for fat middle-aged women, but you get the idea.
We went home, and I tried to sleep. The high elevation makes it difficult for me to sleep, so I found myself tossing and turning all night. I woke up at 8:30 and cleaned up, packed up, and headed out.
For breakfast I ate at (you guessed it) Macy's, which is run by members of the Baha'i faith. I had jasmine iced tea and oatmeal with fruit. They slow cook their oatmeal, and it is the best restaurant oatmeal I have ever eaten. I really love the Baha'i. Anyone who promotes equality and peace can't be all bad.
Afterward, I went back to the camping spot and sat. Did you know it took me 25 minutes to get back to the spot? I only sat for 10, and then it took me 25 minutes to get back to town. But let me tell you something, it was worth it. I actually blissed out meditating in that field of irises. I snapped out of it when I was rudely interrupted by the sound of an airplane. It was a good thing though, because I had forgotten myself and was 5 minutes late for my appointment.
On the trip back home, the state police were again pulling over anyone and everyone and inspecting commercial vehicles. Believe me when I tell you I was on my best driving behavior.
There was something funny in Seligman when I pulled over to use the restroom. A group of about 100 motorcycles were there getting gas, and every single person in the group was German! How funny was it to see a middle aged couple in their leathers, expecting them to be American and hearing a German accent. Lovely, really.
Now, I am trying to figure out a way to get a condo up there, so I won't have to impose on D&D's hospitality all the time. And then I can go back and bliss out at any time and for however long I want. Ms. D and I are going to picnic there the next time I go back (June 25), and I will TRY to remember my camera.
Ms. D reported to me that when they went back to put up a stake-out tent and wood, they saw some wild horses, more antelope, and an adult bear with two babies. That place is truly heaven on earth. I can't wait to get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment