Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We Went to Dog Town and All I Took Were These Lousy Pictures

As you know, Dog Town is a TV show on National Geographic Channel. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that it is just 2 short hours north of us in Kanab, Utah. So, Matt and I took a Sunday and drove up to see what it was all about and to donate some food for the animals.


On our way up we stopped at a gen-u-ine 50's diner. Matt had a burger and I had fries. We read our usual local newspaper while we waited for the food to arrive.


When we got there, we parked by the main building, which is just beautiful. It houses the offices, souvenir shop, and meeting rooms. Apparently, the facility called Best Friends is located on a property covering over 9 square miles. We were privy to a short video explaining the facility and a driving tour around the property.


I must say this: If you want to get your breath knocked out of you, go on that tour. There is a vista that rivals even the Grand Canyon. Of course, I did not take a picture. However, I was able to catch a photo of a group of deer that were sitting on the side of the road. If you want to see the deer, I suggest you click on the photograph. It will reveal a larger photograph and you can see them much better. (I am starting over with this camera thing. My camera is locked up in a box in our storage shed, so Dad loaned me his. He wanted me to take pictures of the local area because it is so breathtaking. Of course I promptly forgot.)

No comments: