Yet another position has come open and my husband is applying. He is looking to join the team at Parker Dam. He would be eligible to help out at Hoover, which is what he really wants.
The housing meltdown means that we could afford to live in the area we are looking at. There is adequate housing, shopping, and entertainment, so I think we could fill out time tolerably well. It is not a compact area--it definitely qualifies for the urban sprawl category.
Directly north and south are two huge farming areas. I don't think they are known for their organic produce, however. If I remember correctly there is quite a bit of industrial pollution around those areas because of the pesticides and fertilizers the farmers use. I do love shopping at produce stands, so I am hoping I will be able to find a few in the area.
Tourism is a big part of the local economy, and I don't know what our current recession will mean for the area. It has hurt Page some, but I am not sure how badly Lake Havasu City will be hurt since it is a large retirement community.
No comments:
Post a Comment