Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I Can Eat Now

People are claiming I can eat a bigger variety of foods because I am eating Midwestern cooking. See, I am back in the Midwest because my youngest progeny graduated from college. (Traveling by air is a big deal because of the clotting problems associated with lung cancer, but I have been medicated with warfarin and covered with compression hose.) Anyway I doubt that the Midwestern food is the reason for eating a bigger variety of foods. I think it is because I am not at home with the old standbys waiting for me in the kitchen.

Here's the list of what I can now eat:
Spanish rice
beans (all varieties)
Vitamin Water (XXX)
rolls
salad with salad dressing
green peppers
cucumbers
pasta and noodles
soups of all varieties
some tomato sauces
macaroni and cheese
vegetarian burger with bun
baked potato with sour cream and butter
cheese
Cheetos
potato chips

I get stronger every day because I am now eating and drinking so well. I lost 58 pounds from the treatments and have re-gained 10. My heart rate, however, is still racing between 120 and 150, so when I get back to Phoenix tomorrow, Mayo will look at my heart rate with some kind of monitor and figure out what to do from there. Here's hoping it does not involve surgery.

1 comment:

Lizbeth said...

I just have to add WATERMELON to your list .. LOL!!!

Sure is great to see you back on your blog .. and it was so wonderful to see how healthy you looked when you came walking into Festus Goodwill. And to see you gobbling along with us .. and hear you laughing!!! You have been very much missed!!!

Love you .. Elizabeth