
Well, I was not feeling so good about feeling good this morning, because I knew that I had to call my insurance company and the hospital to find out if things were taken care of and what I needed to do to get them fixed. I also had to go to the doctor to get another blood test. So, as I sat here "girding my loins," the phone rang.
It was Andrew from my insurance company. Apparently he is a nurse and my case manager. He asked, "I see that you are out of the hospital, do you have everything you need?" Wait. What?!?
I asked him who I needed to call to see that I was covered for my stay. He said, "Your entire stay has been covered." I burst into tears. And blessed him. Because damn. Damn.
I told him that because of their unwillingness to cover my first stay, the hospital was trying to push me out within 12 hours of arrival. "You were not stable, they could not kick you out." So everything is paid for except our deductible. I told him that as soon as the original doctor found out I was covered, he started ordering all kinds of ridiculous tests, which I turned down.
I found the perfect card to send to the "nurse" and "doctor" who were so adamant that I leave the hospital. I think they should be properly thanked, so I will enclose it in a thank you card from Mrs. Mon E. Baggs. Maybe the CEO of the hospital corporation and the hospital administrator would like a copy. Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment