Saturday, June 30, 2007

Work Work Work

I walked into my old vocation of medical transcription at the local hospital last June. Because we will be moving soon, I decided to work from home and take my job with me. Of course, I had to set up a proper work space.

My dad built the tabletop that all my references and filing sit on. He also hung the bulletin boards (it's nice having a handyman for a dad). It looks good, huh? See the heating pad on the floor? I have to apply that to my lower extremities after I have worked all day. I am not only susceptible to carpal tunnel in my arms, but also my legs. Look at all that filing! I have fallen behind because I am too busy working. Thursday, I put in 4 hours at the hospital and 12 hours at home. I REALLY needed the heating pad that night.

Now look at all the books lined up on the wall. They are there because of the best part of my job--learning new things. Doctors are always talking about diseases, procedures, and medicines that I have never heard of before. So, I have to look things up to ensure the spelling, definition, or anatomy/physiology. Plus, I have to make sure the doctor isn't mistaken! So I have those books piled up around me when I work and practice the 3 r's: Research. Research. Research. It's very cool. I don't think I will ever get dementia with this job.

Let's finish the tour:The view of all the books I want to read. (Someday, maybe)
My dad put up all the shelves. Thanks, Dad.

Ariel thinks about joining the Navy . . .


Millie guards the door and says, "get to work and make more money for catnip!"

No comments: